No. HIII (7)-2008/7748 16th April, 2008
The Administrator, Union Territory, Chandigarh, being satisfied that it is necessary in the interest of public safety and convenience, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 115 of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988 (No. 59 of 1988) is pleased to restrict the entry of all the heavy goods vehicles including trucks, trailers on the following roads in Mani Majra, UT, Chandigarh from 8.00 Am to 9.00 Pm:-
1) The road from IT light point towards railway crossing upto Police Station, Manimajra.
2) The road from Rajiv Vihar near telephone exchange towards Modern Housing Complex.
3) The road leading from Mori Gate near Shitla Mandir inside Gobindpura.
4) The road leading from Local Bus Stand near Government School upto Police Station, Manimajra.
5) The road from Maszid (Madarsa) on Mansa Devi road upto old Ropar road.
6) The road from Kishangarh Chowk near CRPF Camp upto Police Station, Manimajra.
2. The Restriction shall not be in force between 11.00 AM to 12.00 Noon and between 3.00 PM to 5.00 PM to load and unload material from heavy goods vehicles.
The Superintendent of Police (Traffic), U.T. Chandigarh has been authorized to grant permission for trucks to ply on the restricted roads and during the restricted hours in the city to meet any emergent/special need. The permission is granted in the form of an order issued under the seal & signatures of SP (Traffic) and it mentions the registration number of the truck, the purpose and the period for which the permission has been granted. The permission is normally granted only for urgent Government works on the written request by the concerned authority stating clearly the registration number of the truck, the period and purpose for which the permission is sought. The application must be addressed to SP (Traffic) and may be sent by mail or be delivered by hand (on any working day) at his office at U.T. Police Headquarters, Sector 9-D, Chandigarh. The request for permission for a period beyond 2 days has to be accompanied by a copy of the following valid documents for the truck for which the permission is sought:
1) Copy of Road Fitness Certificate & Road Tax Paid Certificate
2) Copy of Valid Route Permit
3) Copy of Valid Insurance